About Me: Experience with UAS

My background in UAS has come mostly from my classes.  I was originally double majoring in
Aviation Management and Unmanned Aerial Systems, but due to an internship with United Airlines
in the Spring of last year, I wasn’t able to take AT 319 (this class) in the Spring of 2019.  This ended
up prolonging my graduation date slightly which I ended up being okay with, as I am also pursuing
my M.S. in Aviation and Aerospace Management. However, I would still be considered an
undergraduate if I continued to pursue this, and I would not have been able to take any more
graduate level courses due to reaching the limit as an undergrad.  This ultimately led to me
switching this into a minor.  


To add to the experience with United Airlines, I also have experiences with Southwest Airlines and
American Airlines as well as two summer internships with a civil engineering company, McCormick
Engineering LLC. In the second summer at McCormick Engineering LLC, I launched a drone
program there in which I would go out into the field and take aerial pictures of sites the engineers
designed, or planned on designing.  I was also able to spend time with another engineering
company in the area, specifically with their surveying team, as well as a day with the Rieth Riley
UAS team. Through these experiences, I became really interested in GIS work that utilizes an
unmanned aerial system. I believe this would be a great opportunity as a future career, however, I
am leaning more towards a career with the airlines.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using Arc Collector

Measure Ground Control as a SSoT for Mission Planning, Flight Records, and Maintaince of UAS

Building Maps with UAS Data